Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Mommy Guilt

Mommy guilt.


It's something I'm sure most Mom's experience on a daily basis. I know that I do.
Today's doses is extra strong though. W, my 18 month old son, has a higher then normal lead level. It was high at his 1 year check up so we retested at his 18 month check up. It had stayed the same. When the nurse called to tell me that my heart dropped. Even though we tried to increase his veggies, calcium and all the other things the paper said helped lower it hadn't changed. The one good thing though is it hadn't gone up either.

  There are so many questions that are raised: such as where is the lead coming from? In all likelihood it's mostly likely from our house. The very thing that we bought to shelter him and keep him safe could be making him sick. His levels aren't high enough to make him sick yet but I can't help but worry. I can't imagine a future this bright little boy may struggle to learn someday because of a house we bought. I hope it never comes to that. I know that we will be doing everything we can to prevent the lead level from rising and hopefully it will decrease. All I can do now is give all my worries over to God and follow the doctor's orders.



Sorry for all the rambling but I had to get all these emotions out.


Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment